The WA Inclusion Agency (WAIA) employs a team of skilled Inclusion Professionals (IP’s) who work from regional hubs to provide tailored support to individual early childhood education and care (ECEC) services.
Regional inclusion hub offices are situated across metropolitan and regional WA and each office supports a designated region of WA.
Our services include:
- Providing site visits to observe and discuss strengths, challenges and barriers to inclusion;
- Assisting educators to reflect on and learn about inclusive practices and attitudes, and understand and support diversity;
- Providing practical support and strategies;
- Assisting services to link in with community supports;
- Collaborating to develop Strategic Inclusion Plans (SIPs) and supporting the subsequent review process;
- Facilitating access to the Inclusion Support (IS) Portal and Inclusion Support Program (ISP) supports.
Accessing Support from the WAIA
It is simple to access inclusion support through the WAIA’s central request system. The ECEC is responsible for submitting requests for support to WAIA by:
- Completing and signing the Request for Inclusion Support Form;
- Asking the parent/legal guardian to complete and sign the Parent Information and Consent Form;
- The ECEC service submits both forms* to the WAIA email address at email@example.com.
*For requests that relate to environment or SIP support only, the parent information and consent form is not required. If children are named in a request for support then parents must give permission by completing the Parent Information and Consent Form.
For more information on how we can assist you, please contact us on 1800 119 247
to speak with our WAIA Administration Officer.
Alternatively you can complete our online enquiry form